On Tuesday, the Pentagon announced that Secretary of Defense Lloyd J. Austin III had approved a request from the U.S. Capitol Police for 2,300 National Guard troops to remain in Washington, D.C. through May 23, 2021 to “continue the support mission.” There are currently 5,200 troops deployed to the Capitol.
I can think of two reasons for the troop presence.
First, it allows the Democrats, led by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, to maintain the fiction that they need protection from the unhinged “domestic terrorists” who support former President Donald Trump.
Just as the installation of a seven-foot tall, three-mile long security fence (complete with barbed wire) and magnetometers at each entrance to the House chamber telegraph the message that lawmakers are in harm’s way, the presence of several thousand National Guard troops serves to intensify the effect.
Ever since the troops arrived in Washington, I’ve believed this. However, I’m now starting to see it differently. Democrats may actually believe they need protection.
Because Democratic leaders, and Pelosi most of all, are well aware of the extent of their corruption, they may truly fear that “the people” will deliver the backlash they deserve.
Although CNN and The New York Times tell us the November election was free and fair and that the matter is settled, 75 million Americans still have their doubts. A read of Supreme Court Associate Justice Clarence Thomas’ dissent following the Court’s decision not to review Trump’s lawsuits against the state of Pennsylvania speaks volumes. He says the decision, invites the “erosion of voter confidence.” And he is correct.
Consider the Democratic “power grab” that began the very day President Joe Biden took office.
There are too many corrupt acts to count, but here are a few.
- Reversed key Trump Administration immigration policies (that were working) such as catch and release. Biden’s actions have created a new crisis at the border, although no administration officials have acknowledged it.
- Canceled the Keystone Pipeline, instantly ending thousands of high-paying union jobs. They also “paused” new drilling leases on federal lands. They declared war on the fossil fuel industry. These policies have already led to higher gasoline prices.
- The passage of a $1.9 trillion COVID-19 relief bill, 10% of which actually goes to coronavirus related items. As I posted here, it includes an $86 billion bailout for failing pensions which even The New York Times admits has nothing to do with COVID. It will also bailout states and cities which have been mismanaged their finances for decades. The city of San Francisco alone will receive $600 million to erase the bulk of their debt, most of which accrued prior to the pandemic.
- Beholden to the powerful teacher’s unions, the administration has refused to order teachers back to work. The extended period of virtual learning has taken a toll on student’s mental health. Rates of depression, anxiety and even suicide have climbed dramatically. Still, Biden does not act.
- Although his
handler’sMiddle East strategy isn’t clear yet, Biden has temporarily frozen and is re-examining arms sales to Saudi Arabia and the UAE. It took him four weeks to finally call Israel’s Benjamin Netanyahu, our closest ally in the region.
- Offered to restart nuclear talks with Iran; Withdrew Trump’s restoration of U.N. sanctions on Iran.
- Rejoined the corrupt World Health Organization.
- Rejoined the Paris Climate Accord.
The administration is desperate to pass S.1 (the Senate’s version of H.R. 1), the “For the People Act.” This legislation proposes to make permanent all of the changes such as the explosion of mail-in voting and early voting, that arguably made victory possible for Biden. If this bill becomes law, it will nearly guarantee one party rule in the U.S. for years to come.
Fortunately, it faces a higher bar in the Senate than the COVID-19 bill which only required a simple majority vote. S.1 would require 60 votes in the Senate for passage unless, of course, Democrats can find a way to abolish the legislative filibuster.
Anyway, well aware of their unprecedented and un-American power grab and their transformation of a once-great nation, Democrats may fear reprisal from the people.
If I had done all that the Democrats have done to undermine our democratic republic, it wouldn’t be crazy for me to think I might need some protection too.